The real world has been a bit too much for Dennis and Tom lately, so tag along as they take a little trip to the metaverse! They discuss what exactly this expansive virtual environment is, possible personal and professional uses, and what the future may hold for this growing technology. And, for all you lawyers out there, they consider how this tech could be applied to the profession.
This time on the “Hot or Not?” segment, the guys air their opinions on the return to in-person conferences.
Mentioned in This Episode
A Segment: Metavisiting the Metaverse
- Second Life – https://secondlife.com/
- Ready Player One – https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-Ernest-Cline/dp/0307887448
- Snowcrash – https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Crash-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0553380958
- The Metaverse has a groping problem https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/12/16/1042516/the-metaverse-has-a-groping-problem/
- Spatial – https://spatial.io/
- Engage VR – https://engagevr.io/
- Horizon Workrooms – https://www.oculus.com/workrooms/
- Oculus Quest 2 Headset – https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/
B Segment: Hot or Not: In-Person Conferences
Shields Up – www.cisa.gov/shields-up