Brooklyn and Minnesota make the NBA playoffs, Cincinnati fans see red over Castellini’s comments, and the Commanders get a warning from Congress.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Wednesday, April 13, 2022:
- NBA: Brooklyn, Minnesota win play-in tournament games to make the playoffs
- NBA: Preview of Wednesday’s Hawks-Hornets and Spurs-Pelicans play-in games
- MLB: Giants’ Alyssa Nakken makes league history by becoming first woman to coach on-field in a regular-season game
- MLB: Reds president Phil Castellini picks fight with fans, forced to apologize
- NFL: Congressional committee sends damning letter to the Federal Trade Commission over financial misconduct at the Washington Commanders
- NHL: Chris Kreider becomes only the fourth Rangers player to score 50 goals in a season.
- SOCCER: USWNT beats Uzbekistan 9-0 with a first goal for Trinity Rodman, Villarreal and Real Madrid reach Champions League semifinals