Can Thiago Santos return to being a top contender at light heavyweight? Is this Magomed Ankalaev’s time to shine? The two will clash on March 12 at UFC Vegas 50 from inside the UFC’s APEX Center in Las Vegas. This will be the last card at the APEX Center for a while, as the UFC will be touring in other areas across the United States.
Making his pro debut in 2010, Santos joined the UFC in 2013. The Brazilian is 14-8 with the promotion. Santos faced Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title in 2019 at UFC 239. During the fight, Santos tore his left ACL, PCL, MCL, meniscus, and suffered a cracked tibia. He still managed to make the fight close, even in a losing effort.
Since returning to action, Santos is 1-2 in his last three fights. His last bout was a unanimous-decision win over Johnny Walker in October.
Ankalaev made his pro debut in 2014. Joining the UFC in 2018, he lost the first fight of his career against Paul Craig. Since then, he has gone on a seven-fight win streak. Ankalaev last fought in October, beating Volkan Oezdemir via unanimous decision.
Santos is fifth and Ankalaev sixth in the UFC’s light heavyweight rankings.
Sporting News has you covered with all the information you need to watch the fight on Saturday, including time, channel, and fight card.
What time does UFC Vegas 50 start today?
- Start time: 4 p.m. ET
- Main card: 7 p.m. ET
- Main event: 10:15 p.m. ET (approximately)
UFC Vegas 50 takes place on March 12. The event starts at 4 p.m. ET with the main card beginning at 7 p.m. ET. Santos and Ankalaev will make their way to the octagon at 10:15 p.m. ET, depending on how long the undercard fights last.
How to watch UFC Vegas 50: Santos vs. Ankalaev
- TV channels/live stream: ESPN+
The prelims and the main card for UFC Vegas 50 will be available on the ESPN+ streaming service.
Santos vs. Ankalaev price: How much does UFC Vegas 50 cost?
You can pay $6.99 for a monthly subscription of ESPN+ or buy an annual subscription for $69.99.
UFC Vegas 50: Thiago Santos vs. Magomed Ankalaev fight card
Main card (7 p.m. ET)
- Thiago Santos vs. Magomed Ankalaev; Light heavyweights
- Marlon Moraes vs. Song Yadong; Bantamweights
- Sodiq Yusuff vs. Alex Caceres; Featherweights
- Khalil Rountree Jr. vs. Karl Roberson; Light heavyweights
- Drew Dober vs. Terrance McKinney; Lightweights
- Alex Pereira vs. Bruno Silva; Middleweights
Prelims (4 p.m. ET)
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. AJ Fletcher; Welterweights
- JJ Aldrich vs. Gillian Robertson; Flyweights
- Trevin Jones vs. Javid Basharat; Bantamweights
- Damon Jackson vs. Kamuela Kirk; Featherweights
- Sabina Mazo vs. Miranda Maverick; Flyweights
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Cody Brundage; Middleweights
- Kris Moutinho vs. Guido Cannetti; Bantamweights
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Azamat Murzakanov; Light heavyweights